Pages

Loss vs Gift

NaBloPoMo writing prompt: Have you ever lost anything of value? Do you still think about it? Imagine how you'd feel if you'd given it away instead.

This was an interesting subject for me. I liked this idea and thought it might help me feel better about some losses in my life. But when I tried to apply this to specific instances of loss, losses of value, I realized I would have never given those things away. Not ever. Not something that was of true value to me.

I also thought about a time my luggage was stolen. I could have given away most of its contents, but the difference is, if I were going to give those items away, I would have written down all of my makeup brands and numbers first. To this day I have not been able to figure out what the heck shade of lipstick I used to wear.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see my "About" page.)