Pages

Not Prejudice

HER
That awful woman on the phone just now? She was Greek. I could tell. You know how crazy those Greeks are. They're nuts. All of them. There's something wrong with those Greeks.

ME
You think everyone who isn't your nationality is crazy.

HER
That's not true! Don't say that! You know I don't think that way. I know there are crazy people in my nationality too! I would never be so stupid as to think everyone from my nationality was a saint. There are people from my country who I'd never want as neighbors. So don't say that about me. I am not that kind of person. I'm smarter than that. I'm not ignorant.

- But there's a horrible Greek woman where I work too and she's completely nuts, all those Greeks are...

(Someday I'll tell you about how she and her husband figured out that "the Jews" were responsible for 9/11...)

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see my "About" page.)