Pages

Deck the blog with boughs of holly...


I finally had made some time to play around with the blog's template. I'll probably tweak it a bit more, but I think this will be its overall look for the holidays.

If anything doesn't look right (or if the "snow flakes" are causing problems with your browser), let me know. Don't assume I did a bad job on purpose! It all looks fine on my computer but you never know...

Note: Credits for any codes, graphics, or templates I use can always be found at the bottom of the page. In particular I'd like to thank the following sites for making their resources freely available:


 

6 Comments:

K. said...

Looks great! Usually I get a little cranky over too many bells and whistles (and stuff following my mouse pointer) but even the snow effect is kind of a subtle touch and I like it. And no problems to report, either. Nice work.

Noisy Quiet said...

Thank you :)

I don't like a lot of bells and whistles either, and I wondered about the mouse pointer too, but I think it's ok. I saw it on another site and liked it enough to go back and get the code, so I figured that was a good sign.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad it looks good on your end :)

Barb said...

OMG -- this looks awesome!!! I hate things following my pointer, but the snowflakes here work well. At first I thought they just showed up when you first click on your blog, then I realized they appear in the sidebar when you move the mouse over there.

I use Firefox, just so you know. Great job! :-)

Noisy Quiet said...

Thank you! :) Actually, the snowflakes follow the mouse the whole time, but it's not as easy to see on the lighter background, which is part of why I think it may not be too intrusive. -So that's 3 of us now who generally don't like things that follow our pointers but are ok with the snowflakes! lol!

Thank you again, and thanks for the feedback!

t. said...

oh i'm lovin on these snowflakes.

Noisy Quiet said...

Thank you :) I'm on dialup right now -that's right DIAL UP- and they still don't seem to be a problem. So I'm guessing they'll stay :)

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see my "About" page.)