Pages

4 kids (x2)

I told myself I would get gifts for 3 Operation Santa Claus kids this year. Maybe 4. Which is exactly what I did. - Twice.

That's right. I've committed to getting gifts for 8 kids. In addition to gifts I have to get for kids I actually know! To be fair, a friend offered to help out with a couple of them, so it's more like I have six. But six is still twice ad many as THREE, and I could have stopped at ONE letter with FOUR kids and been done with it. But nooooooooooo!

The problem is, I had stuff for some kids from each letter (each of the letters I took has 4 kids), but I didn't have stuff for all the kids on either letter. I was trying to decide between the two letters (which 4 kids to take), and then my friend chimed in and said she had a few extra things kid A could use, and a couple of things kid B could use... and that's how I ended up with two letters with 4 kids each.

I'm stuck on what to get a 9 year old girl who didn't give me any information about what she'd like. Thoughts? I don't want to get anything too specific, like a Barbie, because she might not be into that. I'm thinking a sew it yourself Build A Bear kit, but I'm open to suggestions.
 

8 Comments:

Judy said...

A lot of 9 year old girls would love the build a bear gift. Heck - I would love the build a bear!

I think you are going to have a wonderful Christmas!

Noisy Quiet said...

Thank you :) I think that may be her main gift, plus some smaller stuff. I'm trying to remember 9... *I* would have liked that then, but I tended to like younger gifts.

Maybe a book too.... I should look through some of my favorites.

Michelle said...

When my daughter was 9, she was very into making things. Whether it was crafts with glue and glitter or learning to sew clothes for her doll or filling a journal with stories. Build a bear sounds perfect! That was also the year she developed a passion for fun, pretty socks....that still continues today. Her stocking will be half full of socks, at her request!

Noisy Quiet said...

Thanks Michelle! You two have convinced me. Thank you both! I had a feeling that would be ok but I wasn't completely sure. I don't have any 9 year old girls in my life at the moment.

Today I found some very cute puppets! They're made with that really soft fake fluffy fur, and come in a 4 pack so I'll be splitting them up. Now I have to figure out who may or may not get a puppet too. Also if a puppet AND build a bear is too redundant! (A build a bear thing is *almost* a puppet! At least at one stage of its making!)

Thanks for stopping by Michelle!

Anny Sabine said...

I'm 23 and I made a Build-a-Bear earlier this year. No regrets whatsoever, I'm such a kid ;)
You're such a good person. More people should be like you :) This is Christmas spirit.

Noisy Quiet said...

*I* would have loved a Build-A-Bear at almost any age too! Which is why I wasn't completely certain if it was age appropriate. Hard to know when you like kid's stuff at any age :D

Thank you for the compliment. I'm not sure more people should be like me - except maybe all those times I'm right about something and the REST OF THE WORLD is WRONG! ;)

Stella said...

Sorry no suggestions here. . .my eyes glaze over at the thought of having to figure out gifts. . . Anny is right, fabulous Christmas spirit! Yay! For you!

Noisy Quiet said...

Thanks. I really needed to stick to 4 though. Maybe next year I'll plan on two and *then* get 4!

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see my "About" page.)