Pages

Uh oh. It looks like Blogger is crashing...

If you check my comments in the previous post you'll see that I was having trouble with Blogger earlier today. A quick look through Blogger's help forum shows that I am not the only one who experienced this issue. Now, in addition to comment forms going missing, entire blogs are disappearing and errors are popping up all over people's blogs. If the help forum is any indication, Blogger is having some system-wide issues that seem to be getting worse. I'm sure they'll address it, but in the meantime, if this blog disappears, well... I'll be back as soon as I can!

Going to back up now...

Edit: Oh good for me! I held the same name for myself over at Wordpress way back when. If this blog ever disappears, check for me there (NoisyQuiet.wordpress.com)

There's nothing there now. Just a placeholder pointing back to here.

Edit 2: Found a solution to the missing embedded comment form (besides reverting to an older template.) I'm posting the code fix here partially for myself to remember if it happens again, as well as for anyone else who might be looking for this solution on Google.

1) Backup your template
2) Expand your widgets
3) Find this block of code (minus my "PUT MISSING CODE HERE" comment!)

<iframe allowtransparency='true' class='blogger-iframe-colorize blogger-comment-from-post' frameborder='0' height='410' id='comment-editor' name='comment-editor' src='' width='100%'/>
</b:if>
PUT MISSING CODE HERE
</div>
</b:includable>
<b:includable id='backlinkDeleteIcon' var='backlink'>

4) Add the following code into the space indicated above.

<data:post.friendConnectJs/>
<data:post.cmtfpIframe/>
<script type='text/javascript'>
BLOG_CMT_createIframe(&#39;<data:post.appRpcRelayPath/>&#39;, &#39;<data:post.communityId/>&#39;);
</script>

5) Save and check to see if your comment form is restored. (If you temporarily changed your comment settings to "pop up window" as a workaround, make sure you set them back to "embedded.")
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see my "About" page.)