Pages

One Word Page

I've just added a new page! Look up there in my menu bar. See it?

I've been wanting to incorporate my OneWord.com entries into this blog somehow but I also wanted an easy way to do it - a way that wouldn't require my copying and pasting every time.
<entering geek mode>

An RSS feed seemed like a possible solution but OneWord.com doesn't have RSS feeds for individuals' pages. I requested the feature and was told it's on a list. In the meantime I created my own feed using Feed43's services, then used Feed2JS to get an embed code to put it into a page and voila - I now have a page here on the blog with my most recent OneWord.com entries. I still need to play with the formatting a little bit, but for now it works well enough for... well... well enough for me to go "voila!" :)

</geek mode>
Even on days when I don't write a full blog post I often write a OneWord entry. So if you want more to read, check out my One Word page in my menubar. It will automatically update every time I post something new at OneWord.com.

Edit: The feed worked fine, but I've now moved my OneWord entries to a separate blog. See the widget in my sidebar for "Keeping My Words."
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see my "About" page.)